Code of Conduct
The MIND Summer School is dedicated to providing a welcoming, safe, and harassment-free conference experience for people of every gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, socioeconomic status, and/or country of origin. We encourage all attendees and participants to help us create a space in which everyone feels comfortable participating in all events including meals and social outings. If you would like the organizers to be aware of any issues that arise during the summer school, including any personal needs that may require adjusting how we run things or how you participate, we encourage you to reach out to us privately. We have also provided an anonymous reporting mechanism for you to provide input and feedback.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- • Verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, socioeconomic status, and/or country of origin.
- • Sexual images in public spaces
- • Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- • Harassing photography or recording- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- • Inappropriate physical contact
- • Unwelcome sexual attention
- • Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the MIND Summer School with no refund.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants. We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of the MIND Summer School for everyone. If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to one of the faculty. You can make a report either personally or anonymously. Anonymous reports to the organizers can be made here.
- • MIND Organizers: email@example.com
- • Hanover Inn: (603) 643-4300
- • Dartmouth College campus security: (603) 646-4000 (24 hours); 911 or 6-3333 for emergencies
- • Hanover Police Department: (603) 643-2222
- • Sexual assault crisis line: WISE (866) 348-WISE
- • Emergency medical care: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Emergency Room, 1 Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH 03766, (603) 650-7000
- • Non-emergency medical care (8am-8pm): ClearChoiceMD, 410 Miracle Mile, Lebanon, NH 03766, ph (603) 276-3261.
- • Pharmacy: CVS, 79 South Main St. Open 24h, Pharmacy hours 8am-9pm. (603) 643-3178
- • Taxi: not a lot of options here, Uber/Lyft is likely best. Big Yellow Taxi: (802) 281-8294 6am-6pm, (603) 643-8294 “after hours”
This document was modified from the Geek Feminism Wiki Conference Code of Conduct